Angels of Charity Spring Luncheon
Extraordinary Women – New Horizons
The Angels of Charity Spring Mass and Luncheon will be on May 5, 2015. Join the Angels for Mass at the Cathedral Shrine of the Virgin of Guadalupe (2215 Ross Avenue, Dallas, TX 75201) at 10:30 a.m. At noon, lunch will be served at the Morton H. Meyerson Symphony Center (2301 Flora Street, Dallas, TX 75201). Kali Schnieders, author of Truffles from Heaven, will be the featured guest speaker. Underwriting is available.
- Kali is a professional speaker whose captivating stories always come from universal life experiences. She is author of two books, Truffles From Heaven and You’re Not My Mom…Confessions of a Formerly “Wicked” Stepmom (coauthored with her stepdaughter, Elizabeth.)
- She also is a contributing author for two devotional books, Praying for Purpose and A Celebration of Women (alongside Elizabeth Dole, Mother Teresa, Shirley Dobson, Beth Moore, Anne Graham-Lotz, Kay Arthur, and Joyce Meyer).
- She has uplifted hundreds of audiences at conferences, retreats, special events across the U.S. and Canada with an important goal in mind-to make people laugh, think and draw nearer to God. Whether speaking or writing Kali is best known for combining her wit with God’s wisdom into inspiring stories that delight audiences, young and old, male and female.
- During college Kali modeled professionally, hosted a television show and competed in beauty pageants. In 1973 Kali was crowned Miss Missouri-World and competed in the Miss World-USA pageant. However, that tiara went to Miss Arizona, Lynda Carter–a real Wonder Woman.
- Kali also enjoyed a 16-year marketing career in corporate America. Three Fortune 500 corporations nationally recognized her accomplishments.
- In 1993 she retired from corporate life to raise her nine-year old stepdaughter, Elizabeth. Faced with an empty nest in 1999 Kali began to pursue her passion for writing, speaking and marketing her private-label chocolates.
- On New Year’s Eve in 2005 Kali’s life took a tragic turn-her precious stepdaughter, Elizabeth, lost a 5-year battle with an eating disorder. Since then Kali’s mission has been to shine a bright light into the dark corners of the deadly mental disease that claimed her daughter’s life.
- Kali and her husband, Larry, have worked diligently to rebuild our lives, while God has worked miraculously to mend their hearts. They have become a living testimony to Divine comfort, peace and ultimately joy in the midst of unspeakable grief. And their story has inspired audiences of all faiths and denominations.
Meet Kali Schnieders!