The Mission and Social Awareness Office functions as the hand of social justice ministry for the Diocese of Dallas. It supports both mission and education in Catholic Social Teaching, advocating for the voiceless and promoting awareness of social concerns.
“Charity is no substitute for justice withheld.” – St. Augustine
Justice is an integral part of charity, its minimum measure, to give to one’s neighbor what is his by right. By means of advocacy, education, and collaboration, Catholic Charities of Dallas approaches society even at the institutional level to work at securing the rights of all people, especially of the poorest and most vulnerable.
• Global and local missions
• Education and formation in Catholic Social Teaching
• Mission alignment for Catholic Charities of Dallas
• Awareness of social concerns for the greater community
• Faith in action within the Diocese of Dallas
• Collaboration and community dialogue
Diocesan Directorates of the Office:
• Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
• Catholic Campaign for Human Development (CCHD)
• Propagation of the Faith – Mission Cooperative Plan
• Social Justice Ministry