Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) allows certain individuals, who meet specific guidelines, to request consideration of deferred action from USCIS.
Individuals who receive deferred action will not be placed into removal proceedings or removed from the U.S. for a specified period of time unless terminated. If you receive DACA, you are eligible for employment authorization.
Individuals who demonstrate that they meet the guidelines below may request consideration of DACA for childhood arrivals for a period of two years, subject to renewal, and eligible for employment authorization.
You may request consideration of DACA if you:
- Were under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012;
- Came to the United States before reaching your 16th birthday;
- Have continuously resided in the United States since June 15, 2007, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time of making your request for consideration of deferred action with USCIS;
- Entered without inspection before June 15, 2012, or your lawful immigration status expired as of June 15, 2012;
- Are currently in school, have graduated or obtained a certificate of completion from high school, have obtained a general education development (GED) certificate, or are an honorably discharged veteran of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States; and
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor, three or more other misdemeanors, and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety.
If you meet the guidelines for DACA, you will need to complete steps to make your request to USCIS. For more information, or to schedule an information event in your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Central Office (9461 LBJ Freeway, Suite 100, Dallas, TX 75243)
- Individual consultations are provided in person at our office on a first-come, first-served basis Tuesday through Saturday (except the last Saturday of the month.)
- Each individual will receive a numbered ticket upon arrival, beginning at 7:30 a.m.
West Dallas Family Service Center (2843 Lapsley St, Dallas, TX 75212)
- You must have a scheduled appointment in order to be served by our staff at the West Dallas location. We currently do not accept walk-in’s.
- Appointments are available Monday – Friday starting at 8:00 a.m. and are scheduled every 45 minutes.
- Call (214) 217-5600 to schedule an appointment.